Essex Barn Workshop
Our director and principal furniture maker Neil has, for many years, worked for some of the biggest household names in the furniture industry, designing everything from bedrooms, lounges and offices to custom-made storage solutions.
He has won many awards and prizes, including best newcomer to the industry. With the requisite skills to make his own projects and the fortuitous availability of a beautiful inspirational workspace, the time was right for a new adventure.
Many things make us unique and special, and here are just a few of our advantages over other manufacturers:
- Every item is bespoke. The photographs you see on this website will be of the actual piece you will buy.
- Environmental sustainability is at the heart of our work. We regularly use reclaimed timbers and even scaffolding boards if that is what a client wants. Our network of the highest quality wood suppliers, both new and reclaimed, is extensive.
- Our delivery ethos is to deliver your items fully assembled. Where access is difficult (e.g. a confined space, an upper floor or a narrow entrance way) then we may have to send the item with some minor assembly required. In these cases, all necessary tools will be provided to you free of charge. At most, for a table, this would mean bolting the legs into the inset nuts and will take a very short time to do.
- Everything we do can be customised for you. If you like one of our tables but want it longer or shorter, narrower or wider, higher or lower, we can do that. We can stain in different colours, and varnish or wax the top. You can have as much or as little input into the finished product as you want, including the leg design. If you would like to discuss a potential commission, Contact us Here.
What makes Essex Barn Workshop’s furniture the highest quality?
- We use the very best wood on the market, sourced from around the UK. If there is a wood you would like, please contact us as this can almost certainly be arranged.
- We have table legs made for us, to our design, at an artisan’s forge in Essex. Each set of these legs is designed to provide our tables with long-lasting support unlike cheaper, mass-produced legs. We use bolts to attach the legs, rather than screws, to make sure you can remove and reattach the legs as you move, without damaging the stability of the table.
- We only use the highest quality products. From the sandpaper to the wax, thought and experience goes into every decision we make.